Tuesday, May 12, 2009

I.Need.A.Bike.!!

Erin Wasson's Bike from theselby.com: Brilliant.



Nos-tal-gia

noun

a sentimental longing or wistful affection for the past, typically for a period or place with happy personal associations. 


Recently I've been experiencing extreme bouts of the above sensation. Memories are prompted by the most odd and random things. They'll linger for a mere second, and leave you so fast you can't even manage to capture consciously what the memory was. But I've been winning! Keeping record of them here, that is.


The jingling of the keys hooked to my bag- reminds me of the first hipster I ever truly loved: the tall gangly dark haired tattooed bartender at Sneaky Dee's that may very well be gay. 


Cigar I smelled on my way home from the tube- balmy summer dinners with my parents and friends in our screened in porch- sheltered from the buzz of the mosquitos in the woods. The evenings wind down after too many glasses of wine and long political discussions with my Dad. The conversations almost always end on 'the Ronald Reagan factor'.


Skinny Love by Bon Iver- summer on Borden Street accompanied by late night excursions to corner stores with friends that are boys. Talking about anarchism on sidewalks at 5 am avec une popsicle.


My multi-coloured beaded necklace sitting on my desk- the summer that I worked in the sun. 


More political and historical thoughts to come. I'm developing something interesting  right now, with respect to the left and what I reckon will continue to be a problem- namely: class war.  




No comments: